. This Policy does not apply to other websites that post different statements, regardless of whether or not the Site links to them or not.
The federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) requires that we inform you of how we collect, use, store, and/or disclosure (“Use”) of personal information obtained from users under the age of 13 (“Children”), and that we receive verifiable parental consent prior to the collecting, using, storing or disclosing any such information. This policy includes the above requirements which are specifically mentioned in sections 1-4, and 8 here below.
1. MINIMUM USER AGE.
You must be 13 years old or older (the "Permitted Age") to use the Site. If you are under 13 years old, you may only use the Site after your legal guardians / parents have provided us, and we confirm that we have received, parental consent. The Parental Consent is an email from your parents or legal guardians, in which they specifically agree to your use of the Site and provide the information required in the consent email that we sent to them when you signed up (the “Parental Consent”). This information may include official identification and/or the answering of an online questionnaire to confirm that they are in fact your legal guardians. If you or your parents did not receive the consent request immediately after signing up, please contact us and we will re-send it.
We will delete your account and/or any information associated with it if we find that you are younger than the Permitted Age and we have not received the required Parental Consent. We may at any time request additional information to confirm your age or receive Parental Consent.
Please see additional information regarding the collection, use and storage of information regarding users under the age of 13 in the COPPA section.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
We collect the following information from our users, including Children, so that we can provide you with our service:
2.1 Information You Give Us. We collect your full name, email address, age, username, location (country and city), and parents email address (if applicable), as well as other information you directly send to us, for example, when you send us a message through the contact form. We implement reasonable efforts to avoid collecting personal information from children prior to receiving the Parental Consent. Nevertheless, we may collect the Child’s name, email address and parent’s email address (without parental consent in accordance with COPPA) in order to contact the user’s parent and gain the Parental Consent.
2.2 Anonymous Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log anonymous information about you and the device that you use when using the Site in order to improve our services and your experience. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your device's operating system, browser type, browser language, and other general statistical information. We do so using third party software such Google Analytics.
2.3 Cookies. We may log information such as your IP address, the type of device and operating system you’re using and other anonymous information by using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your device. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site, for example, cookies help store your username when you login so that you don't have to insert this information every time.
3. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We use your personal information to provide you with the services on our Site and improve your experience. Additionally, we may use your information to:
- Operate, maintain and improve our Site (for example, we will use the feedback you provided us to improve the Site or courses offered, or we may use the anonymous information to better understand how users are using the Site);
- Send you information including confirmations, invoices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages (for example notifications regarding when a course is intended to start);
- Resolve disputes, respond to comments and/or questions, assist you with any technical support (for example, help you setup your account, verify or re-issue a password), and contact you (for example, for the Parental Consent);
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity;
- To protect you and/or other users and prevent any use of the Site which is unlawful or against our TOU, and:
- Your email address will not be published on the Site;
- Your username will be shared on the Site, but cannot be used to directly contact you by other users.
- Your real name will only be used for internal purposes and when addressed by a kid teacher during a course. If you are a kid teacher, your name full name will appear on the Site and on the video recordings.
4. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- When we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- For legal, protection, and safety purposes, for example:
- To comply with laws.
- To lawful requests and legal processes.
- To protect the rights and property of the Company, its agents, customers, and others. This includes enforcing our agreements, policies, and TOU.
- In an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- With third party service providers in order to provide you with specific services or operate the Site. We share information with the following third parties:
5. INTERNATIONAL USERS
Our offices are located in Houston Texas, United States. If you use the Site outside of the United States, please note that your information will be saved, stored and processed in United States databases and will be governed by US law. By using the Site you give your consent to the above and to any provisions under applicable data storage and usage laws in the United States.
6. International Transfer of information
Due to the fact that some of the services are provided by third parties (mentioned above) located in various locations worldwide, your information may be transferred to, and stored on, computers located at these other countries - outside of your country or legal jurisdiction (the "Transfer"). Additionally, the privacy laws of these countries may differ from those in your jurisdiction. By using our services and/or providing us with your personal information, you are giving us your consent to this Transfer.
7. Protection of information
Your personal information is protected in several ways. For example, access to your account and personal information is available only through a password and unique username/user ID selected by you. Additionally, your personal information is stored on secured servers of approved third party service providers, and only selected personnel have access to.
By creating an account, you agree to keep your password and user name in strict confidence and not disclose such information to any third party (except your parents if applicable). Should you feel that your password or account has been compromised, please let us know immediately.
Although we use industry standard security measures to protect your personal information so that it is not made available to unauthorized parties, we cannot guarantee that the information submitted to, maintained on, or transmitted from our systems will be completely secure and any information you provide is your sole responsibility and subject to this Policy and our TOU.
8. USERS' RIGHTS (AND PARENTAL RIGHTS) IN RESPECT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
8.1 In accordance with the applicable privacy law, you have the following rights in respect to your personal information (the following rights also apply to the Parent of the Child):
- Right of access. You have the right to receive:
- confirmation of whether, and where, we are processing your personal information;
- information about the categories of personal information we are processing, the purposes for which we process your personal information and information as to how we determine applicable retention periods;
- information about the categories of recipients with whom we may share your personal information; and
- a copy of your personal information which we hold.
- Right of portability. You have the right, in certain circumstances, to receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format that supports re-use, or to request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
- Right of rectification. You have the right to request that any inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you be rectified.
- Right to erasure. You have the right, in some circumstances, to request that we erase your personal information if the continued processing of that personal information is not justified.
- Right of restriction. You have the right, in some circumstances, to request that we limit the purposes for which we process your personal information if the continued processing of the personal information in this way is not justified, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you.
- Right to object. You have a right to object to any processing of your personal information where there are grounds relating to your particular situation. This includes your right as a parent to refuse the further collection and/or use of your Child’s information and/or to permit the collection by us but refuse the disclosing of the information with third parties (unless the third parties’ services are an integral part of our service). There may be compelling reasons for continuing to process your personal information, and we will assess and inform you if that is the case. For the removal of doubt, you can object to marketing activities for any reason.
8.2 You may also review and edit your (or your Child’s) contact and account information by logging into your account on the Site.
8.3 We will not require a Child to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the service requested.
8.4 If you wish to exercise one of these rights, please contact us using the contact details at the end of this Policy.
- This Policy may be changed occasionally. If we make any substantial changes, we may notify you by sending you an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided, and/or by posting notice of the changes on our Site. Any changes will be effective upon the earlier of ten (10) calendar days following our email or ten (10) calendar days following our posting of the notice on our Site. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of our Site. Continued use of our Site following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
10. ABUSE OF PRIVACY AND CONTACT INFORMATION.
- We take your privacy seriously. If you have any concerns, please let us know.
We welcome your comments and questions. You may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: [August 2020]